2007/10/06

 

The muddle of HistoriCITY

Discovered that the latest issue of muse magazine (Sep 2007) has an article on "Hong Kong: A personal survey of books about its history." I thought for a split second if it was by Dr Koon, but it turned out it was written by Leo Lee Ou-Fan. (Dr. Koon's contribution to muse was constantly closer to one of art criticism.) But since he was already in the symposium in CU for my project "A Realm with No-Coordinates" on identity, yet without leaving a strong impression, I have not thought of inviting him again for the AAA project. The essay however raised a few remarks that coincident with my own concern in the Historicity project.
Maybe for most of the while, I trust more in writings than in dialogue if we are to get deeper in our discussion. (the fan of Derrida will surely caught me by the hind-leg here.)
If you are interested, a series of responses to the Roundtable are coming out in the HistoriCITY blog (http://mmkprojecthkah.blogspot.com/) owe to a Yeung Yang's email, but I just thought it was hopelessly muddled.

Comments: 發佈留言



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?