2007/08/06

 

How much is essential?

my friend wasn't that happy (of me) because of some stupid offensive works in documenta, contemporary art could sometimes really hurts someone's feeling. Yet of course I am the one to be blamed and being guilty.
Luckily the waterart display did the magic again. and I still honestly think that's Kassel's best offer.

With my friend by my side, I constantly bought books which I won't buy if she is not around. Finally brought, for example, the two great books by Boris Groys in German (waited all the while for some English translations coming out for such a master writer), despite I might only be able to read half? or less of it. While I started reading one yesterday, I felt so happy that I fair better than I expect, truly getting the kind of pleasure of reading Groys' simple but insightful sentences, like "die Valoriserung des Neuen ist in Warheit ein Verbot, das Alte zu tun." all that twist and turn in argument, always between against common sense and very much common sense. Of course I am not that free at the moment, looking at Groys were just my last-minute preparation for my article for the coming co-curating show catalogue. Got it done through the night and so have some short moment for myself to write the blog again now.
Oh yes, so what spurred me to write? Since I brought too many books getting completely out of budget, I finally place one book back which I certainly regret now, (but what else could one who is running out of money to do in such case? than to write about it!) and that was a (english) Joseph Beuys Reader, edited by A. Danto. again a 29.9 euro. I thought then that I do not have the Essential Joseph Beuys anyhow, ofcourse not the Beuys-Rodin etc, but maybe, that was really the essential afterall?

Comments: 發佈留言



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?