2007/08/30

 

Corruption is about how money is spend

So many times, I felt confused.

Leung po wrote an email earlier saying she was "corrupted" by having a piece in a show presented by SINO, but then she joined in the dinner after the opening. But that's maybe fine, since we are all on the same boat once we allowed ourselves to join in this project. However, she wrote yesterday that the work we produced for her has a minor mistake, for she has credited the wrong person for the photo. she asked if there is budget to reproduce another one once more. This time, I am not sure, even if it is SINO's money, if money should be put to that use, as we are all so broke, and leave the world with another non-environmental friendly foam board to discard.

Similarily, in the meeting for the project, we proposed to hire art students to keep watch at the reception, allowing them some earnings and as well some experience which might come in handy, say in answering questions about art or taking care of media artworks. I could be more than glad to earn the hourly paid by myself, if I am not going away, sitting there doing readings of my own, yet the students' heart don't seem to be there, and was late for the few days I happened to have to be there.

I remember after settling the hourly paid rate, I felt very puzzled, for I was outraged that day hearing from the news that some nurses (some of which their ages should have them retire and be looked after, rather than still looking after people to earn their living) at the elderly homes are earning just half or even less of what we are offering. I said to my friend that night that, we should send the nurses to do our relatively simple job, got better paid, and have the students subsidized to do the nursing job for once.

Otherwise, I felt art is unreasonably privileged, and as we are not doing anything about it, and that definitely makes me "corrupted".

Comments:
Jaspar, i always feel like that. may be that's why i always hate / at least not familiar to the name 'artist'. but be true to one-self, take the name with bit shame may be a way to 'postpone' so as to seize time to do something daily. then it will be possibly becoming phenomenon which is at least MORE closer to a life, rather than dogma.
 
發佈留言



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?