2007/05/11

 
For the moment, I am planning to go to Europe, mainly for the documenta, which so far I only know of Ai Wei Wei's project and a Thai artist growing rice in Kassel's garden, quite scarely this could be a disappointing visit.
pls notify me if you spot something interesting going on, VB and MSP, I however tend not to go.

just recieved an email on: Martha Rosler Library
June 2 - August 31, 2007 http://www.unitednationsplaza.org

which reminds me of the peculiar paragraph in Art Since 1900 (that must read book!!!) which strangely argued that the trouble with a particular understanding of political art might be that there were too little artists examples available, which their list of examples included Courbet, Daumier in 19th c, Kollwitz and Heartfield in early 20th c, then Rosler, Haacke and Sekula in the 2nd half of it.

Comments:
I got a "secret" that Yan Lui & Zheng Guogu are also included in this Documenta but I can't confirm.
 
發佈留言



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?