2006/09/18

 

nothing irony

Earlier, when Leung Po is drafting that statement against ADC criticism website, she listed a number of magazines to try and get the market rate for writing, I saw at least one of them left blank, that was Yishu, am I as a recent contributor supposed to fill it in? I then thought. Finally I got the answer recently from a Yishu editor, they are prepared to pay

nothing,

just complimentary issues. I told Leung Po about this, but she didn't seem surprised, they claim that they are an academical journal, she said. But I thought all these are really serious issues, especially if one is openly demanding something. Does this for example meant we have great prospects, or let ADC off the hook, if ADC decided to launch an academic journal instead, just like the annual year book? What's the matter with this profession, as someone calls it?

btw, I just brought the white text 03, but so much texts I seemed to have read elsewhere, I am beginning to hate this spending decision. Should I write for them too so I could just get a complimentary copy? PS deadline again seems to defer and defer, and editor is even offering me time to write another piece, just because it has already turn into a special issue and no more a periodical? As an author, I do like to see the writing comes out asap, when the context is still right. Also, as an author, I certainly do not like to see one's own different writings appearing in one same issue.
Why is Documenta 12 magazine platform holding its forum here? what an irony!

Comments: 發佈留言



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?